Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Trying again....

Well we have had a rough couple of weeks. I think we've been to Church one time out of the last couple of weeks. 2 weeks ago, I got a call at work saying that my dad was in surgery for ruptured appendicitis. He had us really scared at first but got out of the hospital last monday and is recovering. Then Phillip came down with a cough on Saturday and we thought we better have it checked out and it turned out to be the flu... smack-dab in the middle of Lisa and her fab 5's visit! :( It killed him to miss out on seeing the kids!! In case you don't know Lisa(my sister-in-law), She now has five kids because of a lovely new addition named Anna (for now)! She was born late January and is a biological sister of Bryant's and we are so excited for her to become a "official" part of our family! We'll post pictures later! Yesterday, Vickie got a tummy virus and last night... Ellison started coughing!!! I think I am officially the last man, or woman, standing. Pray for me! Ellison is getting so big! She says new words everyday and is constantly getting more creative in her scheming and observing her surroundings! This weekend she was in the tub and I got her towel out and she said "I ready." Today I realized that after a couple of times of counting from one to three and spinning her, if I didn't count fast enough she would hurry me along by filling in the "two." SO CUTE! And she really is so stinking happy!!! We took her to the Doctor today to make sure hers wasn't flu as well and they swabbed her nose ( which by the way Phillip complained about for like an hour), She hardly made a sound! She did promptly tell the nurse "bye, bye" though! Phillip is starting to feel better and will most likely have to keep Ellison while I work tomorrow afternoon! I hate to leave her with him while he is still sick, but I really have no choice. We need more family close by!! We are so blessed to be close enough to see most of them on a regular basis, but have very few within a "come help me now" radius! :)

No comments:

Life is Beautiful.